We are very delighted that you have shown interest in our services. Data protection is of particularly high priority for Alpha Select. We are dedicated to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of information entrusted to us.
In the processing of personal data we comply with all applicable legal acts – including but not limited to Regulation 2016/679 (EC-General Data Protection Regulation) as well as the local data protection law.
This document explains how we collect, process and store your personal information.
1. Personal Information we collect
Alpha Select collects various personal data in secure and highly confidential registers accessible only by our entrusted employees.
The information you give us or we collect is non-sensitive information about you and may include your name, address, private and corporate e-mail address, phone number, professional experience, financial information, career history, education history, resume/CV, other contact information, compliance documentation, references verifying your qualifications and experience, photograph, links to your professional profiles available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Xing, etc., or corporate websites.
We use candidate’s data to evaluate your qualifications for the position you have actively applied for or to compare your qualification profile with new vacancies, which could be of interest to you in our opinion.
2. How we collect this information?
- This is information which you give us by filling in forms on our website, by corresponding with us by e-mail, post or phone, when you use our web site, attend interviews or events, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website and others, subscribe to our services, or otherwise. By giving us access to your personal information you indicate your acceptance and willingness to provide Alpha Select with this information and to be considered, when appropriate, for one of our confidential search projects as a candidate or client.
- Information we collect about you when you visit our website: With regard to each of your visits to our sites we will automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol, IP address, browser type and version, information about your visit, pages you viewed or searched for, length of visits to certain pages or others. Important: This is solely statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and does not identify you or any individual.
3. Why we collect this information?
Our legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate business interest. The personal information communicated to us is only used in connection with our core business and scope of activities as HR consulting services provider specialized in Executive Search/Management Selection and HR solutions. Processing personal data of our candidates and clients is a fundamental part of our business in order to provide our products and services.
We may rely on the following lawful reasons to process personal data:
- Meeting our corporate and social responsibility and obligations
- Our contracts – to perform our duties and to deliver professional services to our clients
- Your consent – for specific uses of data, which is freely given to us at the time you provide your personal data
- Legal obligations and public interests – we may process personal data in order to meet regulatory and public interest requirements
- Exercising our fundamental rights in the EU – according to the Charter of Fundamental Rights, including the freedom to conduct a business and right to property
- Improving the services we provide
We introduce candidates to clients for permanent employment, temporary placements or independent professional agreements. Our services also expand to supporting our clients resourcing needs or business strategies as well as candidates throughout their career path.
Should we want or need to rely on consent to lawfully process your data we will request your consent orally, by email, by an online process or by other means, for the specific activity we require. When you submit your personal data to us we consider you indicate your consent and willingness to share and have your information stored by us.
Any information you provide will only be used within our company. It will never be supplied to anyone outside the company without first obtaining your consent, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it.
Where consent is the lawful basis for our processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
5. What about personal data security?
Alpha Select uses strict operational procedures and adequate technical and organizational security measures to prevent any unauthorized access, change, deletion or transmission of this personal information. Your personal information is exchanged using industry standard transfer protocols and encrypted storage behind secured networks. It is accessible by a limited number of our employees who are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, you should be aware that the transmission of information via internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us or any third party; for this reason, any transmission is at your own risk.
Alpha Select continuously develops its security and takes reasonable measures to ensure that your personal data is securely held.
6. How long we keep your information?
The period for which personal data is processed and recorded will depend on the specific nature and circumstances under which the information was collected. Generally it will be retained for the period of time necessary to fulfil our professional, legal or regulatory responsibilities and obligations outlined in this policy or until you advise us to remove or update your data.
7. Viewing your data
You can obtain a full copy of all personal information which we hold about you by sending an email request to GDPR@a-select.eu. Our responses are usually free of charge, but we reserve the right to charge an administration fee for excessive, repetitive or unfounded requests.
8. Sharing your information with others
We may share your personal data with trusted third parties in order to deliver efficient and quality services. These recipients are contractually bound to protection of all data we deliver to them.
Selected third parties include:
- Clients – for the purpose of fulfilling our contractual obligations and introducing candidates to them (after obtaining your explicit consent)
- Business partners or suppliers – for the performance and compliance obligations of any contract we enter into
- Parties that support our operations (e.g., providers of telecommunication systems and services, IT system support, etc.)
- Our professional advisers, including lawyers, auditors or others
- To government or law enforcement authorities if we are under a legal obligation to do so.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to other external parties.
9. Your rights:
- You have the right to information. This means that you may require us to confirm whether personal data concerning your person is processed by us.
- You have the right to correction. This means that you may require us to correct any inaccurate personal data concerning your person.
- You have the right to deletion (“right to be forgotten”). This means that you may require us to delete personal data concerning your person immediately, unless we cannot delete your data, for example, because we have to observe legal retention obligations.
- You have the right to restrict processing. This means that we are not allowed to process your personal data any more, apart from storing it.
- You have the right to revoke your consent for the future at any time. You have a right of appeal to the competent supervisory authority. If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact our data protection officer.
- You have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning your person. If you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can prove compelling and legitimate reasons for processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have the right to notify third parties. If applicable, you have the right to request from Alpha Select to notify third parties to whom it has provided your data regarding the correction, deletion or limitation of the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right of data portability. You have the right to obtain the personal data you have provided and which relate to you in a structured, machine-readable format, and to use this data for another administrator at your discretion.
- You have the right not to be the subject of a decision based solely on automated processing involving profiling that produces legal consequences for you. No technology falling within this category is used by Alpha Select when providing our services.
- You have the right to appeal to a supervisory authority. You have the right to file a complaint with a Commission for Personal Data Protection if you believe the processing of personal data relating to you violates the applicable data protection legislation at:
Postal address: 2 Prof. Tsvetan Lazarov Blvd., Sofia 1592
Telephone: +359 (2) 91-53-518
10. Do we transfer your data outside the European Union?
We may transfer and process your personal information in one or more countries in- or outside the European Union.
In case we shall transfer your data outside the EU, we will do so only to countries which according to the European Commission have an adequate level of Personal Data protection.
11. Do we link to other websites?
Any use of these websites by you is at your own risk. Alpha Select cannot be held responsible for the content, security, availability or privacy practices employed by other websites.
Date of last revision: September 1-th, 2018
We may accept your concern (and in that case implement one of the measures set out in the ‘Your Rights’ section), or we may reject it on legitimate grounds. Our responses are usually free of charge, but we reserve the right to charge an administration fee for excessive, repetitive or unfounded requests.
You will receive our response within 1 month of receipt. Alpha Select fully adheres to Data Protection legislation and will assist in any request from you or investigation made by the legal authorities.